3,100 ABY, Zeno
Green, Red (when in rage)
|Chronological and political information|
- "I enjoy what I do. Don't like it, to bad, you should have never contracted me. Anyways, thanks for the money."
- -Malek Kriya
Malek Kriya, (Mal'iak Crey-ia in Mando'a) nicknamed Mal'Ko or Falcon, was a renowned Mandalorian warrior, bounty hunter, mercenary and assassin, husband of Ailyn Luz, and the father of notable bounty hunters Mirta Kriya, Zatar Kriya & Miranda Kriya. A Force-sensitive Zenolian, born on Concord Dawn, Malek was born to Mandalorian bounty hunters Dir Kriya and Miranda Visla. Raised in a Zenolian Mandalorian clan, named the Kriya Clan, Malek was trained in the Mandalorian ways. He was also the younger brother to Jorak Kriya, who was born in 81 BBY. Jorak later betrayed the Kriya Clan when he joined the Death Watch in 59 BBY. Because of this, Malek developed a deep hatred for his brother, and Jorak alike. It later became a rivalry that was left questioned by several mandalorians knowing death would end it once and for all.
At the age of eighteen, Malek became the leader of the Kriya clan after his parents were killed by the Death Watch in an ambush. Wishing to gain vengenace, Malek planned in attacking them, but after being stopped by Jaster Mereel, Malek decided to take his time, and would join the True Mandalorians along with the rest of clan following him. Malek would serve alongside Mand'alor Jaster Mereel during the Mandalorian Civil War in fighting the Mandalorian splinter group named the Death Watch who were led by Tor Vizsla, until his death in 52 BBY, due to Montross's betrayal. Malek then sided with Jango Fett, and became his second-in-command. After several more years of fighting, the conflict ended with the fall of the True Mandalorians. Following his parent's footsteps, Malek became a bounty hunter, and would lead his clan across the galaxy, as bounty hunters, all of whom who would later serve the Galactic Republic, and at one point, the Confederacy of Independent Systems.
When on a mission in 22 BBY, a few days after the start of pan-galactic Clone Wars, Malek and few of his family members were accidentally attacked by a Separatists fleet, which caused them to crash within the Mandalore sector, of which all survived. While on one of the planets within the sector, Malek and the Kriya Clan met up with a Mandalorian group called the Mandalorian Guild, which honored the True Mandalorians. Knowing he could be a part of them, Malek joined the Mandalorian squad, and would serve as a Commander, where he developed a friendship with many of it's generals, and the leader Beviin Kabur. He helped the Guild in many missions, of which involved in attacking the Death Watch several times. In the same year, Malek met a Zenolian female Mandalorian bounty hunter named Ailyn Zos, who was from the planet of Zeno. Upon meeting the two fell in love with each other. Malek and Ailyn were eventually one of the few Mandalorians to come from a Zenolian bloodline. The two married a year later, and gave birth to three children (two girls & one boy). During his years prior to the Clone Wars, Malek served the Republic as a bounty hunter. Also in 22 BBY, Malek served as an infiltrator within the Death Watch, and would do so for almost a year until being discovered by lieutenant and the Nite Owls leader Bo-Katan. He infiltrated them again in 20 BBY.
In 21 BBY, Malek joined his brethren in the Mandalorian Guild on a mission that involved attacking the Death Watch on Carlac, prior to infiltrating them. He would serve alongside Redspark Holcron and Jate Ordo. Malek would evolve as the most infamous Mandalorian of the time, and would be recognized as the most fiercest and brutal warrior. Malek himself would even be respected by the people of the Galactic Republic, much to his suroprise, as even the Jedi respected him. Because of his skills with any blaster, Malek was a feared Mandalorian. In the same year, Malek once more infiltrated the Death Watch, who had embarked on a mission in taking Mandalore, who hoped to relieve it from the pacifist and peaceful Mandalorian government, in the hopes of bringing back what was "their Mandalore". Malek had hoped he wuld get the chance to remove Vizsla from power, but it would be taken away by the Sith Lord Darth Maul. Having no choice, Malek would temporarily aid Bo-Katan in fighting against the Shadow Collective, which held former Death Watch soldiers, now known as the Mandalorian super commandos. After a small battle, he left and returned to the Guild with his clan, and was now able to fully serve them.
Following the fall of the Republic, Malek pledged his bounty hunting services to the Galactic Empire, and served with Boba Fett several times. He would serve them until 1 BBY. In that same year, Malek became invovled in the Mandalorian Clan Wars, which would end almost a decade later. For several years after the collpase of the Empire, Malek served Boba Fett's Mandalorian Protectors with his wife and children, while the galaxy-wide known bounty hunter served as Mand'alor after Fenn Shysa's death. They helped Boba lead the Mandalorians through the Yuuzhan Vong War, orginally working as mercenary for the invaders, until they ultimately betrayed extragalactic aliens, after their discovery of them having helped the New Republic in several battles. Later, during the Second Galactic Civil War, Malek, his clan, wife and children left Mandalore for Zeno, where they met notable Zenolian Ren Ion. After spending years of training with Ren, Malek returned to Mandalore in 138 ABY, and killed Yaga Auchs, after the Mandalorian ruler offended Malek's Zenolian heritage. Malek then took the title of Mandalore for himself, and led Mandalore through several wars, of which were, the Second Mandalorian Civil War, the Resurgent Sith War, and the Mandalorian-Sith Galactic War. Malek also created the Mandalorian Empire, which lasted from 142 ABY until his death in 3,100 ABY.
- "You my ad are a Mando'ad, a verd. Don't you ever forget that."
- "Serve your life as a Mandalorian with purpose Mal'Ko, for it is what we are. We serve as respectable warriors. We live to be highly-paid soldiers, and should conduct themselves as honorable mercenaries. Follow the teachings of Jaster Mereel well, and live on."
- -A dying Dir & Miranda to Malek
Joining the True MandaloriansEdit
- "I am sorry for the loss of your parents Malek, but it's not wise to make rash actions. Honor them by having you and your clan join us, the True Mandalorians. Dir & Miranda were friends of mine. This is what they would have wanted."
- "I understand. In their name, we pledged ourselves to the True Mandalorians."
- "Long live the Kriya Clan & the True Mandalorians."
- -Malek and his clan join the True Mandalorians
Death of Jaster MereelEdit
- "He was a great man, an honorable warrior, a mercenary who knew the costs."
- "Yes, he was like a father to me, just as he was a older brother figure to you. We may have lost someone Malek, but that does not mean we have to quit. We will fight the Death Watch and destroy them."
- "As you wish Mand'alor. The Death Watch killed my family, and I still long for that vengeance. I serve you as your general."
- "Thank you, my friend.
- -Malek and Jango
Mereel would then be seriously injured by Vizsla, following Montross' betrayal, who was already fed up with the orders from the Mand'alor himself. As Malek held of the man, in giving a chance for Fett to help save the man who he saw as a father, but he wouldn't arrive in time. Vizsla unleashed a powerful barrage of blasts from his tank's cannons. Malek would only see Mereel, the man whom he saw as a older brother die in Fett's hands. Turning around, Malek told his men to retreat, and Fett would comply with Malek's orders. Montorss was able to reach the other Mandalorians, revealing that both Mereel and Fett had died, and that Malek had betrayed them. The two Mandalorians arrived in time to reveal that Montross' words were lies, with Fett carrying Mereel's dead body, as Fett stated that Malek was no traitor, for the real traitor was Montross. Montroos continued to say that Mereel left the title of Mand'alor to him. However, a friend to both Malek and Fett, Silas backed up Fett's claim to the title of Mandalore with his blaster. After failing to persuade the other Mandalorians, Montross left for a time, and would disappear. With Fett taking up the title of Mand'alor, he would name Malek as his second-in-command. Through this, Malek created a Mandalorian group within the True Mandalorians, which were named, the "Eternal Mandalorians".
Under a new leaderEdit
- "This man, who was he, and what was he?"
- A Mandalorian warrior, similar to the one who killed of several Jedi with his bare hands."
- "Have you had any luck in finding him?"
- "No, but it seems he works for the Galactic Republic now."
- -Darth Sidious and Darth Tyranus, speaking about Malek Kriya
Six months later, Malek and his men devised an attack on their slave holders. Using their skills in martial arts, Malek and his men fought of and killed several of the slave guards, even using their Zenolian abilities for the first time in years. Once they killed of several guards, they took their weapons and marched on towards their slave holders rooom, who was currently unaware of the situation. With a blaster in hand, Malek shot the two captors and then found a switch bya door. Force opening the door, Malek discovered his Mandalorian armor, along with several other pieces of his kin's armor. Donning their armor once more, they all repainted it, Malek and the clan decided to become bounty hunters.
Dark Jedi HuntEdit
- "It's been a while Jango Fett. Last time I saw you, it was on Galidraan."
- "Yes my old friend. I see your clan is still alive, well what's left of them."
- "Blame that on the Jedi. We were able escape our slave captors, after we killed them. I lost many of my kin to the Jedi, that my hate for them is what keeps me alive and running."
- "Be careful with that my old friend, it may kill you."
- "I know."
- -Malek and Jango
Sibling Rivalry ReinstatedEdit
- "(laughing) Malek, vod, it's been a while. How's mom and dad. OOPS! I forgot, they died (laughing)."
- "You tarnish what it means to be a Mandalorian warrior Vod. You disgrace the very name of Kriya. It would have been better it you were born a girl. I would have been more happy in having a sister."
- That's why I hate you. You always beat me in everything. Words, accuracy, fighting, EVERYTHING!"
- "Too bad."
- -Malek and Jorak meet & speak for the first time in twenty years
Unpredictable Reputation (33 BBY-22 BBY)Edit
- "Once I take up a bounty, I will not stop. Once my eyes are set on my target, I won't lose sight of my prey. My trajectory is exact and follows all. Everyone in the galaxy knows that once I deliver the job, I expect to get paid. Otherwise, my contractor better know how to defend himself."
- -Malek Kriya, bounty hunter
Eve of the War (22 BBY)Edit
- "Nice job Jango. Offering yourself as the cloning template benefited you. You got yourself a son, but I believe that was the reason to aaccomplish your other goals."
- "You are right my old friend. What have you been doing all these years?"
- "Bounty after bounty after bouty."
- "Your a busy man."
- "That I am."
- -Malek and Jango on Kamnio
Clone Wars (22 BBY-19 BBY)Edit
- "I hate Malek. He thinks he's so good."
- "Sadly Dossk, he is one of the best, after Jango. Also, I hate the fact that he's my brother."
- -Jorak and Dossk, speaking about Malek
Shortly after Geonosis, Malek began working for the Separatists as a full time bounty hunter, and at several times, he collaborated with notorious Duros bounty hunter Cad Bane. Throughout the war, Malek was responsible for perpetrating attacks on several Republic cruisers, and the deaths of many important senators. Malek would never involve himself in the war itself, for he did not want to get caught by the Republic, or the Jedi. Still, several times, when on missions, Malek fought against several Jedi, and many were Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, and Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano, which he all met during his attacks on Republic cruisers. At one point during the war, Malek was captured by clone troopers during a Republic ambush, but managed to escape, without some of his weapons.
Joining the Mandalorian GuildEdit
- "I am Malek Kriya of the Kriya Clan, and we have longed to join you."
- "Ah, yes we have heard of you Malek, and your clan as well. Why do you want to join us?"
- "My parents died serving what we True Mandalorians fought for. I served Jaster Mereel, alongside your fathers, brothers, and sisters. I look to continue living the legacy my parents left behind. We the Kriyans look to serve the guild as we did years ago in Mereel's Mandalorians."
- "Welcome to the Guild Mal'Ko. Vod, your one of us."
- -Malek and the Kriya Clan join the Mandalorian Guild
A few weeks after joining the Guild, Malek met a female Zenolian named Ailyn Luz, who was also a Mandalorian bounty hunter. Malek met her when he saved her from a Death Watch attacked, which left her in shock, upon the death of her brother and sister. Taking her to the Guild's headquarters, Malek managed to heal her, to which she would thank. During that time, Malek and Ailyn started to work together, and also began to develop feelings for one another. When the two went to Mandalore, they arrived on the city of Keldabe where both warriors confessed their feelings for one another. Revealing to one another that they were also Zenolians, both Malek and Ailyn knew that together they could unite Zeno and Mandalore one day. They married later in 21 BBY on Concord Dawn, and in 20 BBY they gave birth to their first child Mirta Kriya, and in 19 BBY, they gave birth to their first and only son named Zatar Kriya, and in 17 BBY, they gave birth to their third and final child, whom they named Miranda Kriya.
Death Watch InfiltrationEdit
- "Fellow Vode, I'm of to infiltrate the Death Watch. With this, I can help us in gaining and keeping our advantage against them, and hopefully destroy them from the inside."
- "That's a good plan. Return alive."
- "To kill me, it is very difficult my freind. I will keep watch as well, and feed you info from the inside."
- -Malek and a fellow member of the Guild
- "YOU! IT WAS YOU!"
- "(blasts fired) Yes, it was me."
- "How could you have betrayed the Death Watch and the Nite Owls."
- "(laughing) How could I have betrayed them, if I never really was was apart of them."
- "Wait! It's you, my brother, MALEK!"
- "Yes, it is me. Wow Jorak, you do have a brain."
- "Stand down Malek. In the name of the Death Watch, you will die."
- "(laughing) Bo-Katan, really? I'd like to see that happen."
- 'MALEK, YOU WILL DIE!"
- "Temper, temper, temper, Jorak (laughing).
- -An unidentified Death Watch soldier, Bo-Katan, Malek and Jorak
Rejoining the RepublicEdit
Mission to FeluciaEdit
- "The things that I have done is done. Care not for that, for what you have to face is right in front of you."
- "The actions of our guild matter not right now. We are helping you now and that's all that matters. After this, we each can go back to our business. Understood!
- "Yes sir!"
- "We clear on everything."
- "Yes sir!"
- "We may be different spieces, but in the end we are all Vode."
- "Vode An!" (Malek)
- "Vode An!" (Andrea)
- "Vode An! (clone troopers)
- -Malek and Andrea with several clone troopers
Malek and Andrea would lead their troopers into a battle with several newly upgraded Separatists droids, who had strong armor than most, to which would end up causing the two Mandalorians to lose several of their men, but were still able to destroy the advancing troops. After this, Malek left to meet another fellow Mandalorian named Jaws Ordo, since Andrea had to return the few remaining troops to a medical base.Before rendezvousing with Jaws, Malek would be attacked by a rancor, which was sent out by the Separatists. Unaware at first, Malek would instantly be attacked by a quick arm swipe sending him flying towards a giant plant. Losing his blaster by the impact, Malek had no chance in reaching it since the rancor crushed it when it started to run towards him. Pulling out his blasters, Malek shot the rancor several times, and got to the point where he shot it's eyes out. Before he could do anything else, two blasts came and hit the rancor in the chest, which would eventually kill it. Jaws had come to aid Malek who had slightly injured his right leg by the blow, but still decided to fight on. After the two Mandalorians met up with Jedi Knight Ana Zett, who would give each of them a mission. Malek was ordered to pick up several samples of blue mushrooms that would benefit the production of clone troopers in order to help the Republic. After picking up all six samples, Malek brought them to the Republic base, so they could later be brought to Kamino for examination and testing. Knowing he would stay longer than usual, Malek would return to his ship and pick up several weapons, and such were the Shadow Tech rifle, Warlord pistols, and some thermal grenades. After doing so, he got back on his speeder and hurried back to the base, but was unexpectedly attacked by three droids, who fired at him, hitting his speeder, causing it to go out of control, and send him crashing. Luckily he used his jetpack to escape the damaged speeder before it had crashed. Picking up several incoming droids on his scanners, Malek drew up his blasters and began shooting. Knowing he was still far away from the base, he decided not to contact them, for he didn't want them to lose any troopers. Knowing he was outnumbered, Malek cared not, and continued to blast down several droids that came in his way. However, because he was focusing on the droids only, Malek was unaware that General Grievous was coming behind him on his speeder. While more droids approached Malek's location, he began to notice that there were boxing him in for a reason, and before he could turn around, Grievous grabbed him and slammed him down. Getting up, Malek saw the cyborg general, and instantly challenged him to a duel. Taking out his darksabers, Malek would be surprised upon seeing the Separatist General take out four blades, revealing four arms. Still, Malek went in and charged onto Grievous.
Duel with GrievousEdit
- "Hahahaha, you may not be a Jedi, but your lightsabers will be perfect to add to my collection."
- I don't think so General. I am full of surprises. If I am able to withstand my own against Jedi and Sith, I can stand against some factory made trash."
- -Malek and Grievous during their duel
After a few hours, Malek awoke, because he had been left unconscious by the amount of energy he used on the general and his droids. Seeing his new legs, Malek tested them out to see if they worked well, and he would easily gain the hang of it. After this, Malek was sent of to Felucia once more, where he was dropped of by two generals of the Mandalorian Guild. Once he landed, he was given his next mission, which involved taking out a Highsinger droid, that was responsible for the deaths and disappearances of several clone troopers. Malek would however not require the aid of clone troopers, because he believed that if they lured the assassin droid out by only sending him and some members of the guild he would come out to fight them, because it was only interested in strong opponents. Taking his hunter rifle, Malek left with four members of the guild to track the droid. After searching, General Red found the droid, and contacted everyone to come to his location. Arriving, Malek and his fellow guild members began firing at the assassin droid, who proved to be a far more dangerous opponent than it had been said by surviving clones. The Highsinger proved to withstand several blaster fire. Using his new legs, Malek displayed his use of martial arts against the assassin droid, but would do little damage as one punch would send him flying. One one knee Malek fired with his Warlord pistols, as the others with rifles, and after minutes of shooting and fighting, they were able to pin down the droid. But, still in power he threw a smoke bomb and escaped, leaving much of his weapons behind, and few Separatists plans that were on him. Malek picked it up and took flight in his jetpack and returned to the Republic base, and told the Mandalorians who had helped him that he would be back as soon as his job was done, and that the guild working for the Republic in this case benefited the guild only.
- "Felucia is a pretty big planet, no lie about that."
- -Malek during a misssion
- "Are you General Malek Kriya?"
- "Yes I am, and you are Jedi Knight Ana Zett. Here's the piece you need to fix your lightsaber."
- "Thank you, and continue to serve well."
- -Malek and Jedi Knight Ana Zett
Close enemies & Finishing touchesEdit
- "We thank you for your work Malek. It was great serving under you."
- "Likewise Boss, but you know I work for a price."
- "Yes, and the fact that this benefited you, it also benefited us. I wish you well in your future."
- "Thank you. Farewell Boss, and continue serving your Republic with honor. That's is what keeps it alive."
- -Malek and Boss
- "We need your help Malek."
- "Why is that?"
- "Your skills are legendary with a blade. We need you take care of an acolyte of Dooku's on Dathomir."
- "Ok. I will take this offer."
- -The Jedi Council to Malek
Skirmish on CarlacEdit
- "You cause me more trouble than anyone. Malek, you will pay for staging this attack."
- -Pre Vizsla to a disguised Malek
- "They provide no challenge. The Death Watch are weak."
- -Malek during the attack on the Death Watch
Final march for MandaloreEdit
A broken allianceEdit
- "Wow, who knew, Sith Lords, interesting. I wonder what it is that they plan".
- "We will have to wait, see and hear. But I don't trust them, not one bit, and soon they will die."
- "I don't either, but no matter how much I hate Vizsla, I agree with him on betraying them and killing them, but we are gonna have to be careful with these two Sith. They are stronger than they look. One thing that Vizsla does is that he underestimates others. I don't. That is why I am careful around these Zabraks. I have killed dark-side users before, but these two, I'm not so sure."
- "So you think it would be hard to kill them?
- "Yes, the Force is their advantage, while we have nothing, which is what they believe. For our advantage is something we each know, but are not all the same. Like some, I can resist many types of Force attacks, or as one can say, Jedi Mind tricks.
- "Well that can benefit us."
- "Yes it can, but right now let's focus on our mission, and on how we will kill them."
- -Malek and Bo-Katan discuss about the fate of Maul and Savage
Shortly after the formation of the alliance between Maul and Vizsla, the Death Watch leader was already bent and ready on attacking Mandalore, as he also had men standing by him and waiting on the planet. However, Maul stated that they weren't ready, and to do a successful attack, he suggested in enlisting the Black Sun, who were located on the planet of Mustafar. Malek would join Vizsla, in addition with other Death Watch members in traveling the the planet. Upon arrival, they met with the leaders of the Black Sun, in which they were escorted by Ziton Moj to meet with them. After a small audience with the Black Sun leaders, both Maul and Vizsla were mocked, only to later on be killed at the hands of Savage Opress by throwing is lightsaber, decapitating them all. After this, Ziton decided to join Maul's alliance. Due to the Black Sun joining the Death Watch as well, the splinter group had now gained the supplies that they needed for their cause. Later returning to Zanbar, Maul and Vizsla both argued on their visions of taking control of all Mandalore, but of course their was only one vision of success, to which Maul preferred his, and the only choice Vizsla did was quietly subject to Maul's orders, but began to plot matters into his own hands. Shortly after their discussion, the Pyke Syndicate under the leadership of Lom Pyke said he was wiling to join them, since he had no desire to oppose Maul.
Mission on Nal HuttaEdit
Once the Pyke's joined Maul's newly formed Shadow Collective, the next step in the plan was to head to Nal Hutta, where they now seeked to enist the Hutt Grand Council to their cause. Things wouldn't go as planned as negotiations would be a complete failure, bounty hunters appeared from their hiding spots and began pursuing iring at the brothers and Vizsla, while Malek, Bo-Katan and her Nite Owls were awaiting the return of the two. In return Malek began firing at the bounty hunters holding them back, killing several Hutt guards easily without even moving, as only to later engage them in unarmed combat, where he easily beat Sugi as Savage took care of Embo, and killed the remaining Hutt guards by shooting or by breaking their neck.Dengar and Latts Razzi were also easily beaten by Malek, but since he was on a strict schedule, he decided to let them live. The bounty hunters were then able to flee safely, although Oruba was captured in the aftermath. Wirth his last words, the Hutt told the Death Watch warriors and the Sith Lord brothers on where Jabba had taken refuge. Sayingthat Jabba had fled to Tatooine, under orders from Maul, Opress killed Oruba, while Malek took care of destroying the palace completely.
Final Mission, TatooineEditAfter learning that the Hutts had fled to Jabba's Palace the Zabrak brothers and the Death Watch launched a mini attack, where they were giving Jabba one last chance to join them, or he will die. Now at the hands of the Shadow Collective, jabba and the Hutts were amazed at how they performed in action, and in doing so, the Hutts agreed to join them. Not amazed at all, Malek left the palace only to catch up to both Vizsla and Bo, who were planning on taking over Mandalore after they finished of both Savage and Maul. Malek simply smiled at Vizsla words, and even agreed with him, but as soon as Vizsla and Bo-Katan left the area to prepare the ships, Malek smiled, and said in Mando'a, "Vizsla, Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur".
The Mandalore TakeoverEdit
- "Mandalore is now ours. After years of waiting we have proclaimed our home and returned the true Mandalorian faith. And now with Satine's rule at an end, I am now proclaim myself as Mand'alor."
- -Pre Vizsla to the Death Watch
Death of VizslaEdit
- "I would have preferred shooting Vizsla, but not killing him in that extent."
- "Change of heart, eh, Malek?"
- "No, but I have a formal way of killing my enemies, much to which I enjoy. If I want I could kill you right now, but that would be a waste of my time. "
- "I see. Well, are you gonna help us?"
- "I will do my side of the job, and you do yours. Deal?"
- "Same for me. By the way, I am Ailyn Luz, Malek's huband. I do my job as to how I want it. Understood?"
- "Ok, and yes, I understand."
- -Malekand Ailyn reveal themselves to Bo-Katan
Infiltration and Prelude to Mandalore's fallEditPrior to the battle, Malek had previously disguised himself as a Mandalorian super commando in order to help his new allies. Following Vizsla's death, Malek knew that he had no choice but to join Bo, since the Death Watch faction was particularly still alive. Shortly after some members of the Death Watch sided with Maul, in the dark of night, Malek sneaked behind one Mandalorian super commando and killed him by breaking his neck. Taking the armor, and disguising the dead one in his armor, Malek brought the body to Maul and told him that this Mandalorian was trying to sneak in the castle to kill the Sith Lord, but he was able to finish him of. Maul would believe the story and gave him the rank of commander, which allowed him to be second in charge in the super commandos. However, when Korkie Kryze tried to rescue his aunt Duchess Satine Krye, Bo-Katan aided in the escape, to which was revealed that she was Satine's sister. As they escaped, Malek noticed several Mandalorian commandos, who contacted one another, and would quickly contact Bo and Ailyn (secretly), who prepared themselves to fight. However the rescue failed, causing Malek returned to Bo-Katan where he regained his armor back, and would later take the fight to the traitorous Mandalorians. Some time later, Obi-Wan was captured by the Mandalorian super commandos, after he himself also failed to rescue Satine Kryze. During Obi-Wan's capture, Satine was brutally killed by Maul, who used the Darksaber in order to torture and get back at Obi-Wan, since he had no desire to kill him. Knowing that they had to rescue the Jedi Master, Malek went of with Bo-Katan of to the Sundari prison. During this situation, Ailyn revealed herself to the Nite Owls and remaining Death Watch members.
Battle of SundariEdit
- "This was a costly battle, we lost a lot of great men. No matter how much I hate the Death Watch, these who fought for Mandalore didn't deserve it. They died with honor."
- "I say the same. Sadly some members of our clans Malek fought as well, and died. They were our Vode, who showed what it meant to be a true Mandalorian.
- "Bo, we are sorry for your sister. There was nothing we could do."
- "It's not your fault. She died for what was right, as did our warriors."
- "We will continue fighting alongside you, as vode."
- "(Malek and Xasha) It was an honor to serve under you, and meet you Bo."
- "Likewise, Malek and Xasha"
- -Malek, Ailyn and Lazen during the Battle of Sundari
Death of JorakEdit
- "You win brother. You win Malek, and I accept what you will do. You are the best man."
- "I was always the best Jorak. I have always been better than you, better than Vizsla, better than Montross, better than Tor Vizsla, and even better than Bo-Katan, but one man was better than me."
- "Jango Fett (blasts fired)."
- -Malek and Jorak after their fight
Final Stages of the Clone Wars & Bounty HuntingEdit
- "I never expected much of it to be true. The war was just a plan, a well made plan. Still, I care not for what fate lays about the Jedi. I only seek to do one thing Ailyn."
- "And what is that Malek?"
- "Bounty hunting. I got make a path for myself in the universe you know. Still, I will take my time to take care of our child Mirta Kriya."
- "Same here Malek, she is our child, the fruit of our love. I will stay alongside you, and take up bounty hunting again. The empire is a suitable enviorment."
- -Malek and Ailyn talk about their priorities for the Galactic Empire
A year after Sundari and the death of his brother, Malek and his wife Ailyn took the time to take care of their daughter Mirta, who was now one year old. uring this time, Malek still took several bounties, since most of the galaxies bounty hunters had been imprisoned, or killed. He also aided his fellow Mandalorians in the guild in several missions against rivaling Mandalorian groups, whom all wanted to destroy the guild, but each failed. Reaching what would be his final prime years of the Clone Wars, Malek wondered if the war would end, for it started to become a waste of his time. He would stop taking bounties from several Republic and Separatists senators and decided to temporarily settle down, until a new oppurtunity came. A few weeks later, the Galactic Republic collapsed and was replaced by the Galactic Empire, under Supreme Chancellor Palpatine as the new and first ruler. After hearing the news, Malek returned to his bounty hunting career, with his wife Ailyn accompanying him throughout their twenty years of service with the Empire.
New Career and serving the EmpireEdit
- "I got to admit it, the empire pays more than the Republic did."
- "They do Malek. Deciding to work for them was a good idea."
- "Well, you did get some good ideas over time."
- "Is that a compliment Ailyn?"
- (nervous laugh) "Uuuh, maybe."
- " (laughing) I didn't think so my dear."
- -Malek and Ailyn on serving the Empire
A Personal War (1 BBY-8 ABY)Edit
- "For years my clan fought against you, yet you still returned. I give you credit on that, but nothing more."
- "Why thank you Malek, and what happened to your parents? Awwww did they die? So sad, and oh, how's your youngest daughter? HAHAHAHAHAHA! She's an amazing dancer.
- "Watch what you say. Say that again and you die. No one makes fun of my parents, or does that to my daughter."
- "Oh well, should have told me sooner. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
- "Zatar, on my comand leave, understood Ad (son)."
- "Yes Buir (father)."
- "Aww, are the----(blast fired)"
- "No one talks about my family, nor my daughter you trash".
- -Malek kills the leader of the Rikan Clan after the latter insulted his parents and his daughter
The war itselfEdit
- "Dad, Mom, Brother, Sister, I'm sorry. I caused this war."(crying)
- "Udesii Miranda. It's not your fault my daughter. Gra'tua has been running in my family for hundreds of years. Even until now it continues."
- It's true my daughter. Your father's family, the Kriyas were always known for their vengeance that they brought on other clans. So please my daughter, don't be so hard on your self.
- "Yeah Vod. Udesii Miranda. Remember, Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!
- "Right, me, Mirta and Zatar are your 'ade. We are all verd. I had forgotten that for a while. But no more. Let's take the fight to the Rikan hut'unn and sent them to 'haran.
- "Lets.!"(Malek, Ailyn, Mirta and Zatar)
- -Malek, Ailyn, Mirta and Zatar are able to reinstate Mirta's strength and confidence in herself and family
A month after the death of Rien Rikan, the Rikan Clan grew furious upon the death of their leader. Although they were able to gain a new leader, who was Rien's brother, named Jest Rikan, he was completely fueled with anger. The new found leader would declare war on the Kriya and it's allies, who had planned to annihilate them. The war between the two clans would be settled throughout several places however the three most known fights occurred on the most known Mandalorian planets. The Kriya Clan would be aided by four other clans, and a recently formed Mandalorian mercenary group, as the Rikan clan was aided by a remaining faction of the Death Watch and five other clans. Splitting themselves up, the Kriya and their allied clans would be stationed on Concord Dawn, Korda 6, Galidraan, and Concordia. While information on the war is mostly unknown, it is known that the Kriya and Lazen Clans suffered heavy losses, that led to their near-extinctions. Meanwhile, the Rikan Clan was completely destroyed once Jest Rikan was killed by Miranda Kriya in the name of honor and family.
For the first four years of the war, the Rikan Clan seemed to have advantages depending on where they fought. As the Kriya fought side by side with other clans against the Rikan, they suffered twice as many losses than the Rikans, but sense both sides had a high number of members joining them, or getting aid from several other clans, it would be hard for them to be exterminated. As the war reached it's final two years, Malek changed the battle tactics for his clan and allies, that gave them an overwhelming advantage, as even able to coordinate successful ambushes. After almost ten years of fighting the war came to an end, with the Rikan Clan completely destroyed, as their allies were now few in numbers. Meanwhile the Kriya Clan had almost been completely exterminated because of it, as their allies were also wiped out, with fewer than three clans remaining on their side, as the mercenary Mandalorian group only had three survivors. Malek would however not count victory, and nor would the other clans. Gathering the remaining bodies, they headed back to Concord Dawn, where they prepared a funeral for the hundreds of warriors who had perished in the final battle. Arriving at the gravesite, where thousands of fallen Mandalorian warriors laid, they put to rest their kin, where they could be at peace. In ten years, the Kriyan clan and their allies lost more than half their kin, numbering in the hundreds. Stricken with grief, Malek now knew that the only full family that remained was his, and his childrens. Knowing that the only way they could keep the clans together, he called for a meeting which was held a week later. Agreeing, the leaders of the clans decided to form a group known as the "Fallen Mandalorians", which became the new name to all the survivng Mandalorian Clans, as much to their surpise, their enemies decided to join them in the name of honor. In the war itself, Malek fought with his daughter several times, where he was able to help heal her spirit, allowing her to finish of the Rikan generals.
The Fallen MandaloriansEdit
- "The reason this group was made was not just to honor our fallen brothers and sisters, but to honor the True Mandalorians and the Mandalorian Guild." They all fought for what we Mandalorians are today, and we will continue that legacy for years to come"
- -Malek to the Mandalorian Clans shortly after being appointed leader of the Fallen Mandalorians
After the formation of the Fallen Mandalorians, Malek was appointed leader after his wife gave word to the High Generals in making him as an eligible choice. Malek appointed his wife Ailyn as second-in-command, his daughters as Senior Generals, and his son as the Recruiting officer, but still had privileges of Senior General. During this time it had been years since the Galactic Civil War had already been fought, which led to the fall of the Galactic Empire and death of Darth Sidious, and the redemption of Darth Vader to Anakin Skywalker, who would also die just shortly after returning to the Jedi Way. When he became the leader of the Fallen Mandalorians, Malek granted his daughter and son the ranks of generals, while his wife would be second-in-command of the newly made Mandalorian reformation group. Several others would serve as commanders, and others would simply be identified as soldiers. Setting up several bases on Mandalore, Concordia, Korda 6, Corellia, and on Coruscant, the Fallen Mandalorians would become a trusted ally of the New Republic and also, they would take jobs as bounty hunters.
Yuuzhan Vong War (25-29 ABY)Edit
- "So have we come to an understanding Malek and Ailyn? Are you two gonna aid us in this war?"
- "Yes Anor, we will aid you in this."
- "Just don't kill us, please. We have had enough."
- "Oh, don't worry I won't kill you. You are the foundation of our army."
- "F-f-fair enough."(Malek and Ailyn)
- -A now frightened Malek and Ailyn pledge their services to the Yuuzhan Vong after being brutally tortured by Nom Anor
In the year of 25 ABY, Malek and his wife were sent on a mission by the new Republic to go and investigate the loss of a Republic base out in the Outer Rim territories. Leaving the squad in command of his son's daughter, in which Zatar was currently on a mission to Felucia, Malek departed of to Meridian sector, which was the location of the Republic base. When they landed on one of the planets, Malek and Ailyn could only bare to see that the entire base was completely destroyed, as bodies laid everywhere. While searching, they realized that the cause of the destruction came from the inside, but not by an accident, to which was done by a force of will. Seeing that there was nothing much they can do, they went back to their ship to leave the planet. However before they could, they were struck down by two Yuuzhan Vong warriors with amphistaffs on the back of their heads knocking them out. When they awoke, the two saw that they were in front of Nom Anor, a Yuuzhan Vong, who demanded they they help the Yuuzhan Vong in the upcoming pan-galactic conflict, seeking to destroy the New Republic. However the two Mandalorians stated they would not, for they wouldn't want to destroy the one government that kept them clean form bounty hunting crimes, as opposed to the Old Republic. Angered at there respone, he ordered the two be tortured with the most unbearable pain they could ever feel. After almost a half-hour of torture, under fear, Malek and Ailyn pledged their services to aiding the Yuuzhan Vong.
Wanting their children to join them as well, as even several other Mandalorians serving under the two, two Yuuzhan Vong warriors tied the two Mandalorians and gagged them until they arrived on Concord Dawn. Breaking their binds and returning to their weapons, they told them to do what Anor had asked them. Seeing no other way, Malek and Ailyn gave the news to their fellow Mandalorians, but were all unaware of the reason why. Clueless, the Fallen Mandalorians agreed to aid the Yuuzhan Vong, as their children would forceibly join after Zatar was threatened by the native species on Felucia, and Miranda and Mirta at the base. However, Vhonte Kriya would refuse to join the spieces saying that they can't force her. After shooting and killing one of the warriors, the second one charged in at her and stabbed her through the abdomen, fatally wounding her. Running to his Vhonte's aid, Malek would try to help his fellow, but she told him it was of no use, for it had entered to far, and gone through her back. Embracing her in tears, Vhonte would tell Malek to stay strong, and help Boba Fett in leading the Mandalorians through the war in order to survive. Asking for forgiveness on ot joining, Malek said it was no need, for she stood up for what she wanted. Saying their final words in Mando'a, Vhonte accepted her death and passed away peacefully. Muttering in Concordian, Malek vowed to do what his kin member said. After she died, Malek's daughter Miranda donned Vhonte's helmet in her memory, and he would use it also during his Mandalore years.
In 26 ABY, Malek was contacted by the New Republic forces, who were engaing the Yuuzhan Vong in a space battle. Requesting his help, Malek feared on what would happen to him and his family, he decided to give him battle strategies and tactics. With the help of his oldest daughter Mirta, Malek was able to hide and keep the call untraceable. Successfully sending the tactics, the Republic was able to use it and achieve victory, and would do so for the next two years in several battles, where Malek secretly aided them with the help of Boba Fett.In the final year of the war, after Mandalore was assualted by the Yuuzhan Vong, and when Fett's and Malek's deception was uncovered they led a small squadron of Mandalorian soldiers against the attackers, where they were able to destroy two of their warships single handedly, despite taking moderate losses. Boba would later help Malek in the town of Bralsin, the Mandalorians clashed with more than a thousand Yuuzhan Vong warriors, slaying them in droves. From orbit, the Yuuzhan Vong's warships dropped singularity ordnance indiscriminately, blowing massive craters in the surface of Mandalore. Large swathes of woodlands were flattened, including the forests that surrounded Mandalore's capital city, Keldabe. Whole settlements of domains built into the branches of ancient veshok trees were obliterated in their entirety, and the buildings that comprised Keldabe sustained significant damage during the attack. Once fertile farmland was poisoned and salted, in an attempt to render it unusable.
The Mandalorians largely survived the orbital assault through the use of a network of underground tunnels that extended from beneath a number of their homes and structures, and into the mountains far away. When the Yuuzhan Vong deployed their warriors to the surface, the Mandalorians struck back, using the tunnels and their sheer martial ability to combat the Yuuzhan Vong. More than a thousand Yuuzhan Vong warriors engaged the Mandalorians in the small Keldabe suburb of Bralsin. Despite the area's poor defensive capabilities, the Mandalorians fought and defeated them in a massacre that would leave an imprint in the Force for more than a decade after. The Mandalorian soldier Goran Beviin, the first to make contact with the Yuuzhan Vong, killed several of their warriors at Bralsin with his beskad saber. Legions of Mandalorian supercommandos, native soldiers, and the Mandalorian Protectors led by Boba Fett, fought to protect Mandalore from the Yuuzhan Vong, eventually defeating and repelling the invaders. When the battle finally came to an end, close to one and a half million Mandalorians were dead, and though the Yuuzhan Vong death toll was higher still, Mandalore's population had been reduced by nearly a third. During the battle, Malek and the Fallen Mandalorians suffered heavy losses, including the loss of his son's wife Ailyn, who died by the Coomb spore. Two days after he death a funeral was held for her, where she was honored for her services during the war, taking care of victims affected by the diseasse, and protecting children even when she was diagnosed. Malek's son Boba was devastated by her death, as were his children. After the war was officially over, Malek passed on the leadership of the Fallen Mandalorians to his youngest daughter Miranda and head of the recently formed Mandalorian Revival, to his son, which came from his wife.
A new WarEdit
- "Your much more than a Mandalorian Malek, you are a legend."
- -A Mandalorian recruit to Malek
- "All I will say is this. If you break my granddaughter's heart Janek, I will not hesitate to break your legs. Understood!"
- "Yes sir. I swear I won't break her heart."
- "I said this exact same thing to the husbands of my two daughters. I'm sure you know them."
- "Yes, Mirta and Miranda."
- "Up until now both have not done anything to hurt their hearts, but this warning, so you know, I will only tell you it once."
- -Malek to Janek Dakari during his granddaughter's wedding.
Before heading of to rescue Sintas with Boba Fett and Mirta Gev, Malek traveled to Keldabe on Mandalore, for the wedding of his granddaughter Sintas Kriya, the daughter of his daughter Mirta "Miranda" Kriya. Attending the wedding with his wife, and several other family members, Malek had given Janek and Sintas his blessing, to which the two would marry two months later. After his granddaughter's marriage, Malek accompanied Boba to rescue Sintas Vel,who was on Phaeda, frozen in carbonite, and still alive. During the same time, Malek met Jaina Solo, which would be the first Jedi he initially met since the time of the Clone Wars. Malek would also help train the Jedi Knight, much to her insistence, which he would surprisingly agree without protest or showing aggression towards Jania. After they were able to free Sintas from her carbonite prison, she was healed by the former Jedi Gotab, who was now a Mandalorian. Sintas was then able to recover her sight and memories.
- "Listen Jaina, I only do this because you asked me. Don't think I enjoy doing this."
- "I understand Malek."
- -Malek and Jaina
Some time later, Malek would encounter Jedi Knight Jaina Solo, the daughter of Han Solo. During this time, Malek was still working with Boba Fett. The young Jedi had set out to enlist their aid in hunting her brother Darth Caedus, the new Dark Lord of the Sith, and to learn from their skills, so she would need to confront her twin. Arriving on Mandalore in an X-wing, Jaina found herself confronted by a group of heavily armed Mandalorians, to which she was escorted to meet Boba Fett in a humble, rustic cantina that served as the Mandalore's seat of government, all too aware of the traditional Mandalorian dislike for Jedi. Fett and Malek agreed to train her, but promised to be a hard teacher, as Malek said he would be strict, and not kind. Malek would initially watch her first few lessons with Boba, in which she would constantly be easily beaten, but she would still continue despite the humiliation. Malek himself trained Jaina the same way Boba Fett had been doing, to which he showed his immense hate for the Jedi.
For the next several months, Malek partook in many training sessions with Jaina, whom he would easily beat, and took great pride in humiliating her, but would sometimes keep it to a minimum. Malek and Boba were harsh teachers and often told Jaina that using simple tactics would not be enough, for her abilities were not just simply enough, and just because she was a Jedi, it meant nothing to them, for each have killed Jedi, despite their disadvantages in the force Jaina herself was oblivious to Malek's Zenolian abilities, while Boba was not. Up until the time came, Jaina was later able to kill her brother, and later thanked both Boba and Malek, whom stated that they did what they did because it was for their own benefit.
End of the War & Journey to ZenoEdit
- "My purpose here has ended. I have done my duties. I must return to the home of my ancestor Malek Morak. It was an honor serving with you Boba Fett. May our paths cross again."
- "Likewise, my fellow Mandalorian brother."
- Malek to Boba before his departure to the planet of Zeno
Hidden from history (41-120 ABY)Edit
- "For several decades, me and my family spent our lives in hiding. The reasons are for personal assets, thus shall not be discussed. Thanks to Ren Ion, me and my entire family learned on how to fully control, wield, and utilize our Zenolian powers. Because of that we are grateful. We, the Kriyans, and the new Luz, shall return the true face of the Mandalorians, those who died, my brothers from the Mandalorian Guild, I carry their legacy, like my family as well. We shall return to the galaxy."
- -An excerpt from Malek's autobiographical journal
After arriving on Zeno, Malek and his enitre family spent several years in hiding and training under Ren Ion. Wanting to know on how to properly use his Zenolian abilities, Ren Ion agreed in training Malek, and his entire family. Undergoing strict training, and hundreds of sparring matches with other Zenolians and family members alike, the new Kriyans were able to control their Zenolian abilities, as many generations that were born during this time were able to at early ages. After spending eighty years hidden, Malek returned to the galaxy, where he would return to Mandalore, and would align it with Zeno, after persuading the new Mand'alor to do so.
The New Mand'alorEdit
- "Your death was by your own actions and words Yaga. No one offends my Zenolian blood. Now, I take your title as my own. I will lead Mandalore to a better future than you could have."
- -Malek to a dead Yaga
In 138 ABY, Malek ventured of to Mandalore after requesting an audience with it's current Mand'alor Yaga Auchs. Malek had ordered it after receiving word that the Mandalorian ruler had recently offended Malek's Zenolian blood, after discovering that he was the only Zenolian to ever serve the Mandalorians, and had been a member of the family that descended from only Zenolians. Piloting a small ship to the family, Malek landed outside Yaga's citadel, and bursted in slamming down doors, breaking them of their hinges, even damaging automatic doors. As soon as he killed of several guards who were ordered to kill him upon his entrance to the planet, Malek quickly met Yaga. Yaga stated that he found the native Zenolians were weak and a poor excuse for an ally, for they couldn't even defend their home without the help of the Mandalorian warriors. This angered Malek, where he responded by saying he was part Zenolian, and that his words not only insulted his friends, but also his family. He also stated that the Zenolians were a force not to reckon with, nor offend for they were armed to the teeth with naval/militant forces. He also stated that Zeno space is located outside of the galaxy and is isolated, so which is a possible reason on why he is so naive about Zenolian navy, and on the spieces itself, much to the annoyance of Yaga. Yaga would then simply laugh at his words, only making him more angry. Pulling out a blaster, Malek killed Yaga by shooting him at point blank. This would cause several Mandalorian guards to rush up to Yaga's position, but instead of attacking Malek, they proclaimed him as the new ruler of Mandalore, for he earned it in killing the former one. Accepting the title, Malek remade the alliance between Mandalore and Zeno, where he was able to remake a Mandalorian army for both planets.
A War Revived (Second Mandalorian Civil War) 140 ABY-164 ABYEdit
- "It's been almost two hundred years since I fought a war like this. The first time we lost, but this will have a different oucome. The Resurgent Death Watch will not prevail. We True Mandalorians shall remain victorious and live on."
- -Malek to his soldiers during the Third Battle of Concord Dawn
Leading the war effortEdit
- "I never thought I would fight in a new war, which basically continues the one I fought almost two hundred years ago. Still, as ruler it is my duty to protect my people, family, allies and friends."
- -Malek on his purpose as Mand'alor during the war
A few months into the new war, Malek had already encountered Darasuum A'den several times on the battlefield. Suffering heavy losses in the first five battles, Malek wondered on how A'den knew his every position and tactics, to which it even left his wife and children confused, knowing he was a brilliant strategist and master tactician. Still, Malek would keep his his plan for the following week, until his wife came up with a new idea. Knowing that they were fighting their own shadow, Ailyn told Malek that instead of attacking straight-foward, they should attack from underneath their sight. Malek quickly understood what she was saying, as most Mandalorian warriors were left confused, but Ailyn simply told them to listen for they would know what she meant later.
Personality & TraitsEdit
- "I am not a cruel man. I am just paid to do cruel things, which I enjoy."
- -Malek Kriya
When he became Mand'alor, Malek proved to be a great and respectful leader. He loved his people, and always stated that he would give his life for them. As leader, Malek reformed the alliance between Mandalore and Zeno. This showed his loyalty towards his ancient homeworld of Zeno. Malek held the title of Mand'alor for almost two hundred years. In his later years, as a Grand Magistrate, and then Force Lord, Malek became more of a mentor to his later descendents of the Kriya Clan. Also, Malek was a very direct individual, always going straight to the point at hand and never straying away from the subject.
A deadly adversaryEdit
- "There's no way you will win bounty hunter."
- "Are you underestimating me senator?"
- -Malek and an unidentified senator
Malek also had little trust in the senators who contracted him for a bounty, even when they lended him their starships, to which he would always wipe clean the navigational computer's data, and any evidence that he used. When betrayed by his Separatists or Republic contractors, he would often kill them, or injure them in ways that if he let them live, they would vow never to betray hi, and would trust him to complete a task without failure. Much to the surprise of others, malek never accepted a bounty on a Jedi because he found it a waste of time, though he stated that he had killed several Jedi before, to which he would never make a comment on. Still, Malek's bounty hunter reputation increased during the time of the Galactic Empire, where he decided to take bounties on Jedi, for it would offer him a high payment, and would take joy in killing most of them. Also just like Cad Bane, Malek would always analyze his enemies and opponents to give him the advantage, which would always work without fail.
A deadly assassinEdit
- "My job is simple. To dispose of those I am either ordered to do, paid to do, or for my own benefit."
- -Malek Kriya
Malek eventually would change his assassin personality when his child was born, and would mostly confront his targets and kill them face to face, but would grant them peace, much to their pleas, and because he wished to do so. Malek's assassin career became more noticeable by the final year of the Clone Wars when working as Jabba the Hutt's personal bounty hunter and assassin. He never minded working two careers at once because he stated it gave him more of what he wanted, which he had done when infiltrating the Death Watch. In 1 BBY, his most known kill was when he killed Rien Rikan under orders from his daughter and wife, after they asked him prior to his landing on Concordia.
- "I've never been one to socialize to be true. However, at certain moments I'm willing to make an exception."
- -Malek to his wife Ailyn
Mereel was an older brother figure to Malek, as at certain points, mentored him into being a bounty hunter, or mercenary. Malek had a huge amount of respect for his leader, believing that he was doing the right thing for the Mandalorians. When Mereel was killed, Malek was upset, but knew that Jango would take up after him.
A close friend, Malek and Jango Fett were considered to be one of the best, and classified as the top warriors of the True Mandalorians. Following Mereel's death and Jango's ascension to Mand'alor, Malek was made as second-in-command, serving the same role as Myles. Close friends and partners, Jango Fett helped in Malek's formation as a bounty hunter. Jango and Malek also had a brother-type relationship. Later on, Malek also developed a close relationahip with Jango's son Boba Fett.
A Mandalorian warrior like Malek, Montross hated Malek for many reasons. Montross would offend Malek's Zenolian heritage, and criticize that his Zenolian bloodline became Mandalorians, and that they were disrespecting Mandalorian culture. Malek often responded by brutally attacking Montross, even to the point of almost paralyzing him at one point. Following his betrayal of Mereel, Malek desired to kill him, but decided to leave it in Jango's hands, since, Malek was unable to find and kill Montross, due to his bounty hunting services, which began 41 BBY.
Ailyn was Malek's wife, whom he first met on Concord Dawn, after he saved her from a Death Watch ambush, that ended in her family's death. Taking her into his hands, Malek took the time in making her feel better, because of the recent trauma she had suffered. As time passed, the two developed a strong friendship, and worked several times on missions with the Mandalorian Guild. During that stretch, both started to become more than friends, and eventually, both developed romantic feelings for one another. They revealed their feelings for one another, and married in 21 BBY. When Ailyn gave birth to Mirta Kriya, Ailyn's love for Malek grew, as even when Miranda and Zatar were born. Both Malek and Ailyn used love as their strength in several wars, and such were the Yuuzhan Vong War, Second Galactic Civil War, the Second Mandalorian Civil War, the Resurgent Sith War, the Mandalorian-Sith Galactic War and a few other unnamed wars. Nevertheless, they never let their feelings get ahead of them during war time, as was the same of their children, and descendants. With Malek as Mand'alor, Ailyn served as High General. Both were greatly loved by their people, as kids of the populace often chanted love songs towards Malek and Ailyn when they came down and took walks across the city of Sundari or Keldabe, which would often make the couple laugh, or have Ailyn blush. Malek was one who greatly loved and cared for his wife, which he would do the same for his children.
- "And so my empire falls. It does not matter. I have done many things in my life, many of which I do not regret and some I am grateful of. My brothers in the Mandalorian Guild are eternal for the guild is eternal. My wife, the most beautiful woman I ever met granted me two wonderful children. There are may more things I can say, but it is to much. I accept the fate I am granted, but know this. Mandalore will return."
- "Yes it will my dear Malek. And you who have done this, your sins will be your destruction. Our children, our descendents and the descendents will see the end of you. Mark my words Jurit, the Kriyans will be your death."
- -Malek and Ailyn before their death
Malek left a profound and permanent mark on Mandalorian history. Being known as one of the oldest and longest reigning Mand'alor in history, Malek created the Mandalorian Empire that lasted more than three thousand years until his death. Malek was seen as one of the most powerful Zenolians to ever live, and amongst the most skilled Mandalorian in histroy.
- "This is me in person."
- -Malek Kriya to Bossk regarding his helmet
Malek can also control weapons, sensors, and his jet pack with verbal commands. His helmet's HUD (head-up-display) featured information on the surrounding environment as well as a 360-degree field of vision. The HUD's data streams could be controlled by eye movements and blinking. In addition, an advanced penetrating radar allowed his HUD to provide information on nearby rooms, and can be used to scan the HoloNet and connect with databases, allowing him to perform tasks which would normally require a computer terminal, such as searching databases for individuals or even trading on the stock market and buying real estate, from anywhere that was accessible through the HoloNet. The macrobinocular viewplate can be magnified to allow Malek to see great distances, and was equipped with, among other things, an infrared scanner that could be magnified up to 50 times. The infrared scanner magnified light up to 100 times or displayed heat gradations.
The helmet's broad band antenna is capable of intercepting and unscrambling comlink and starship comm transmissions. Also, with assistance from his ships computer, jamming transmissions or sending fake transmissions, even while not in his ship. At the top of the antenna was a rangefinder capable of tracking up to 30 targets from a distance of 100 meters. The rangefinder fed data to a display overlay inside the helmet showing range and movement for targets in a 360 degree radius. The overlay also linked to Malek's weapons systems to display fire vector and range data. The rangefinder can be deployed horizontally or vertically.
The environmental filter system can filter out poisons and contaminants as well as provide Malek with a two hour reserve air tank.
Armor/ClothingEditMalek's Mandalorian armor was originally constructed from duroplast, allowing it to sustain a great deal of damage without degrading. His armor also has two shoulder pads which were black, like his kneepads. The left shoulder pad exhibited the Mandalorian skull logo, while his right chest plate displayed an emblem of unknown origin. Malek wore several Mandalorian armors throughout his life, but all consisted of the same material. Malek's armor was also able to resist lightsaber attacks.
Malek wears a power armor liner. This liner shirt has a micro energy field projector and two layers of thin ceramic plates, in order to disperse physical and blast impacts, reducing injuries and likelihood of knockdowns. The power liner also gives him increased protection from fire, acid, intense heat, and cold. His main clothing is a reinforced armor mesh battle/flight suit. The inner lining of the suit blocked poisons and corrosives for a period of time. This suit has pockets on his hips and thighs (one on each side).Malek wears a leather utility belt that has ten leather pouches. Below this he wears a Journeyman Protector honor sash. Attached to his right shoulder is three braided Wookiee scalps. The battle/flight suit has pockets on his shins
Malek wears a pair of versatile boots that has two spikes attached to the front of each. The most known armors worn by Malek were the Death Watch Armor (both the soldier and lieutent armor), Nite Owl armor (modified for male), Mandalorian super commando armor, Red Kriyan armor, Green Kriyan Leader Armor, and later his own refurbished Black Mandalorian armor. Folowing his time with the Galactic Empire, Mlek constructed durasteel armor only to later recontruct it with Beskar.
Rokcet/JetpackEditMalek wore a Mitrinomon Z-6 jetpack, which was seen on all of his armors, but each were styled in different ways and sizes. The fuel tank was able to hold enough fuel to give him three 20-second blasts, 20 three-second blasts or one minute of continuous operation. Every three second blast moved Malek up to 100 meters horizontally or 7 meters vertically. Fett could reach a top speed of 145 kilometers per hour with a maximum range of two kilometers. Directional thrusters featured gyro-stabilizers to apply counter-thrust for maneuvering and landing.The top of his jetpack consisted of three long-range missles, that could reach targets up to almost 30 feet away, as even it contained a turbo-projected magnetic grappling hook with 20-meter lanyard (replaceable with 100 meters). This was however replaceable with his anti-veicle homing missles that he used when attacking multiple targets, whowere either speeidng away, or were chasing him. Malek was also known for creating his own Mitrinomon Z-6 jetpacks, that always worked without fail, and were also made with an anti-magnetic material that kept him from being puled by magnetic field, giving him an advantage in flight, as to even fly faster. Malek was also mostly known for having several similarities in equipment,to that of which Boba Fett himself had. This caused the two to often be compared, but the two always cleared out that they were different in many ways.
- "The amount of weapons I have means nothing unless you have a brain on how to use them properly."
- -Malek Kriya
When working for the Jedi, Malek gained an interest in sparring with several Jedi Masters of the order. His most Luminara Unduli, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, and surpringly, Shaak Ti, who was labeled as one of the most powerful masters of the Jedi Order. Almost a year after the death of Pre Vizsla, the darksaber of the former Death Watch leader came into Malek's posession, after Sith Lord Darth Maul was defeated by his former master Darth Sidious, which also attributed to the death of his brother Savage Opress at the hands of the Dark Lord of the Sith. Donning it as his own, after finding it, Malek became the most deadliest Mandalorian warrior in close combat. Later in life, Malek lost Pre Vizsla's lightsaber, but it is unknown as to when he lost it. At some point Malek rebuilt two new darksabers and gave his personal blade to his daughter. One was named the Phrik Darksaber and the second was a rare light-brown colored darksaber that was named the Dolovite Darksaber.
As the Clone Wars took it's toll on the galaxy, Malek added several features to his Mandalorian armor and added more weapons to his arsenal. By 21 BBY, one of Malek's new weapon of choice was the Shadow Tech Rifle, which was seen by the time of the Takeover of Mandalore. His first added weapon was a self-customized blaster pistol, given to him by his mother. His second sidearm was a concussion grenade launcher, given to him by Boba Fett, after the latter encountered him on Mandalore. Since Malek was unable to equip both at the same time, he used one at a time, but was able to switch quickly and choose targets faster than usual.
His wrist gauntlets also became a mounting point for many weapons. His right gauntlet had a Czerka ZX miniature flame projector that a cone of fire five meters long and a meter in diameter. The flamethrower had a corded fuel line connecting to a backpack canister holding fuel for at least three minutes of operation. On his left gauntlet, Malek equipped a Dur-24 wrist laser that had a range of more than 50 meters. After being exposed, Malek added a protective shield that not only enclosed, but also concealed both weapons. Just like Boba Fett in his later years, Malek carried a Kelvarex Consolidated Arms MM9 mini concussion rocket, which utilized computer target tracking, however, he carried it on his right gauntlet. Several of Malek's weapons were similar to that of Boba Fett, as some of the most common were Type-12A anti-personnel rockets, Type-12B stun rockets, and 1126 rockets. HIs left gauntlet also had fibercord whip that had a grappling hok at the end, which was 20 meters long, which was used to entangle and immobilize a target. It also held retractable vibro-blades and a dart launcher. One of Malek's other weapons as a Shadow Tech Rifle.
Talents and AbilitiesEdit
- "Guns alone will not save you. You need to know how to fight when the occasion calls for it."
- Malek Kriya to the newly reformed Kriya Clan
- "Incredible. I expected the Jedi to be stronger in the Force. Yet not even Yoda or Anakin Skywalker could sense my abilities."
- -Malek on his Zenolian powers, stating on how the Jedi could not sense his abilities
Malek was a very powerful and capable Mandalorian, perhaps one of the best in the galaxy. Malek has displayed the ability to take out multiple foes at once with martial arts alone, which he demonstarted against several Death Watch soldiers throughout the Mandalorian Civil War and against numerous clone troopers during his service with the Separatists, during the Clone Wars, or when he simply crossed them during several mission his with his clan. Malek was a highly skilled martial artist, even besting his own parents and his kin. He was a feared and repected warrior. His enemies even held him in high regard, and showed a moderate form of respect. Even when outnumbered and outgunned, Malek was still able to take out his enemmies, while ultilizing martials with a rifle or pistols in hand. Malek's best use of his martial arts skills was seen numerous times, but three times have been considered to be his best use. One was seen when he fought against his brother Jorak in their "final" fight, where he easily overpoweered him continousily counter several kicks and punches with ease, and barely any difficulty. He was even able to knock of Jorak's helmet of with one kick. Another use was when he fought of against several clone troopers during the First Battle of Geonosis, where he killed of a high number of them, and even left four Jedi Masters completely knocked out, by running into them with just one punch. His final most known use of martial arts was against his clones where he weakened them, despite all of them being the same level. He then killed them by kicking a grenade back to them, which was thrown at him during his escape. Malek became the best martial artist in galactic history, and a recognizeable one is his family and clan.
Durability and StrengthEdit
- "I heard he picked up a tank by it's turret and threw it across the battlefield, and destroyed an entire battalion of droids. It was a victory for the Republic, until he killed all the clones and even the Jedi who led them."
- -A unidentified Mandalorian to a fellow Death Watch member
Malek was a physically fit Zenolian, and possessed tremendous physical strength. Malek was also able to take a certain tremendous amount of pain and blows to his body.
- "My eyes follow my targets. My blasters are focused and are aimed towards it trajectory. Knowing how to wield a blaster is way more different than shooting. Accuracy, focusing and aim benefit one."
- -Malek Kriya, bounty hunter, assassin
Because of it, Malek became a respected Mandalorian, to friend and foe alike. It was also his because of this that he became Mand'alor in 139 ABY. While as Mand'alor, Malek gave time to teach many new Mandalorians who joined the new Zeno Mandalorians and Mandalorian armies. As the years passed, Malek added new styles and techniques to his abilities, which would benefit him and the Mandalorians. Nevertheless, Malek's abilities were still rivaled by famed bounty hunter Boba Fett.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- "One can never expect to much from the human brain.It's the most vital organ, and yet with so much space, one can't seem to remember certain items."
- -Abraham Rivers, creator of Malek Kriya
- The female Kriyan Clan member's name was inspired by Cuy'val Dar member Vhonte Tervho
- Malek's name was rewritten from Darth Malak.
- This charcter can be seen on it's mother wiki